Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Write, Just Write!

January 1 I was looking through some old journals. I'm a journaler and am collecting quite a stack of half filled journals. I'm lucky to get 150 entries in a year.

I found a poem that I wrote on September 17, 2002.

Get up!
Face the day
You have the energy

Look at yourself
Look and see
Who stares back?

It is up to you
It is your choice
Make the most of the day!

Get up, go!
God is with you!

Well it isn't much of a poem and it doesn't rhyme (My brother-in-law questions from time to time who it was that said poems didn't have to rhyme... since that fateful discovery, very few actually rhyme...). But it was enormously rewarding to read back through an old journal and find something interesting...

I guess the moral of this blog is journal! Get a book and write down your thoughts. Write down what you ate and what you did, just write!... If for no reason but the promise of opening up an old journal and reading something that reminds you of times gone by.

No comments: