Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Shopping

On Friday it started snowing. In fact, it snowed so much, Hadassah got a snow day from work at the preschool.

Friday afternoon, Trevan and I went looking for Christmas lights for my house. I wanted icicles for the roof. Our first stop was Lowe's. Lowe's tuned up nothing, so we went to Home Depot... one box left. Next we tried Target. Nothing. In desperation we went to Meijer where I got what I wanted. But Meijer didn't have the gutter clips. So we tried to remember where we saw them... headed back to Home Depot... nope. Then back to Lowe's, where I got the clips I wanted.

I am happy to report that after that exasperating adventure, my house is now decorated as high as I can reach with my little ladder (and I managed not to slip and fall on the ice, break any lights, or freeze my fingers off). My neighbor, Jerry, is planning to decorate also. With his help and his ladder, I should be able to finish the job.

No comments: