Thursday, August 02, 2007

Why the Charges Against Vick are Inconsistant

Watch the video here.

After you have watched it, tell me, with a straight, face why Michael Vick should be tried for animal cruelty? (For information about Vick's indictment, click here).

Better yet, lets go out to eat. We can talk about Vick over a nice juicy stake.

Cruelty to animals is always wrong. But until we deal with our meat, let Vick play football (I still maintain that Vick is over-rated as a quarterback)! The fact of the matter is cuteness or tastiness shouldn't be the criteria we use to determine what cruelty to animals is or isn't! My Chihuahua is no more human, and has no more intrinsic value, then an ugly pig. Actually, any animal can be considered cute if healthy and well cared for. Babe anybody? A law designed to convict me if I let my Chihuahua freeze to death but ignores the meat industry for doing the same thing to thousands of animals a year is ridiculous. If I am wrong, somebody please explain it to me!

No comments: