Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Fixing My Car

I love fixing things. Nothing gives me a testosterone rush like fixing one of my cars. Today I had one of those perfectly manly experiences. My alternator went out. I discovered this after I replaced the battery and still had trouble running. Cold weather is hard on electrical systems, especially the battery, and we have been hitting sub-zero temperatures every night for nearly a week! So I went to AutoZone and had them test my system just to confirm my diagnosis (I don't know if I should've trusted them because they then sold me the alternator I "needed").

When I got home, I backed into the garage and went to work. It didn't take me long (good thing too, it was a manly 15 degrees when I started). I soon had the old alternator out, the new alternator in, and the car started. Am I a stud or what?

My advice to you reader: get some tools and try something manly! And if you fail, have parts left over, break, or otherwise damage your victim don't feel bad. That is manly too!

No comments: